Monday, September 20, 2010

hand talk

Whew! Today, I accomplished a great feat---I finished handwriting 114 pages of case digests! *bow*

Just this afternoon, I was desperate that I would not be able to finish it on time. I could not help but blame everything for it. I thought of how my grade school teacher should have corrected the way I hold a pen; perhaps, it would not hurt as bad when writing long pages. I blamed the invention of the typewriter (and text messages) for people's overreliance on machines that we detest writing by hand, et cetera, et cetera. But of course, there is only me to blame. :) The project was given since June, and the crammer that I am, I started working on it just this Sunday. haha. So who suffered? I did... rather, my right hand did!

Just imagine writing by hand for 20 hours straight, until 330 a.m., then sleeping until 6 a.m., and then handwriting again up to 430. I never even got the chance to each lunch! Darn... Just when I was craving for the buttered rice that I asked my father to prepare for me! It felt like my hand wanted to bleed, but it just did not. haha. Honestly, it really hurts a lot, up to now, and all I want is to stay away from a ballpen (not an eczema treatment or a hand massage). When I look at my right hand now, it seemed to have grown 10 years older than my left hand. haha. I am just so happy it's over!!!

At around 11 pm, I was already tired, but my hands did not hurt much. I used a Panda ballpen. I realized it is more dependable than the other, more expensive brands. It doesn't blot easily. Notice that I don't know how to hold a pen properly (hence, the ugly handwriting....joke!)

At 1 a.m., I have added 2 more band-aids to my aching hand to lessen the friction between the ballpen and my skin and to prevent calluses. I always wear band-aid in my middle finger whenever I write, a habit I formed in law school. It feels like I absorb more whenever I do that. :D

At 3:30 a.m., I could no longer force my hand to write! Even the bandages were already worn-out! So I retired for the night, and started writing again from around 7 a.m. to 430 p.m. I was 15 minutes close to missing the deadline. Whew! This will never happen again! EVER!

There goes the story of my hardworking right hand. Yung left hand tatamad-tamad. :p


kayni said...

wow...poor hand. i'm glad you made your deadline. that's the beauty of cramming :).

eks said...

buttered rice!!! hehehe. masarap din yung garlic rice.. :-D

kg said...

wawa ka naman...pero mas wawa teacher mo...dudugo ilong sa pag intindi ng sinulat mo...he he! peace!

witsandnuts said...

Wow, that was a lot! I remember those days of case digests. Not for me though. ;)

mordsith said...

i was just so happy i finished it. it felt like i wanted to explode out of frustration..

kg, sobra ka naman! na-hurt ako! hehehe