Sunday, October 24, 2010

Because I Want To

(Forgive me if all I would ever talk about for the next days is my semester break. It's just that it rejuvenates my soul I am so happy I have this break.)

It feels so refreshing having to wake up in the morning, and the sun is already up. I have less thing to worry about, except on weekdays, I just have to go to work and go home from work.

On the first (of the two) Saturday of the break, it feels good knowing that I have all day to watch my current favorite anime (Bleach) and read my favorite author until my eye drops. I had to spend a little time working online, but it's compulsory nature is not as stressful. The beautiful thing during these days of slackness is this: I am not forcing myself to do anything. Even when I'm working at home for a few hours, I am working because I want to; it's not because I have to.

A few days ago, I was talking with a friend about going to the gym or attending free weight loss programs. I am inherently lazy in doing physical work, but lately, going to the gym is becoming appealing, probably influenced by all this sickness around me. Too bad the semestral break is too short a time to indulge myself with that. But maybe in some other break, I can finally do that. Not because I have to (and I really have to), but because I want to.

No comments: