Saturday, January 12, 2013

addiction


My day never starts without a coffee. Rather, it would be very difficult for me to start a day without a coffee. I’d be a walking zombie, unable to concentrate and constantly spacing out.

I love coffee, but I never frequent those coffee shops. (Well, I am not yet prepared to spend for coffee the same amount as I would spend for a decent meal.) So my cups of coffee are mostly made at home; in fact, one of my happiness (as I’ve written in my happiness is… post) is the smell of coffee prepared by my father first thing in the morning. Ironically, I can’t make a good coffee, but I make them anyway.
Daily, I drink 2 to 3 cups a day. On exam days, I take more cups than I should to keep myself awake. Now, the problem is I’ve become addicted to it. It’s been becoming difficult to function without it (as if coffee is as important furniture part as a cabinet latch). It’s been becoming hard to get a good sleep, and I hope I would never have to use over the counter sleeping pills for it. And it’s true, I jump at the slightest unexpected pat in the shoulder. If there’s one addiction I understand, perhaps it is this one. And maybe, I might need rehabilitation for this one.

___
*This is a re-post from my other blog (now inactive, thanks to i.ph). 

1 comment:

Pepperoni Pizza said...

and yes...coffee is my only addiction. 5 mugs a day keep me going...no mug in the morning means a grumpy joga the whole day.

i'm back mordsith at http://onfootandonair.blogspot.com/

he he he...